Open Leagues are built around individual and small group entry with consistency in mind. That means a consistent day and similar times weekly and the workout/fun experience being the number main priorities. The provide a relaxed but structured environment, with no stats and the idea of forgetting what the score was by the time you hit the parking lot. A great way of looking at it is that Open Leagues are essentially extremely well organized pickup games and your season is a series of those games. To get the scheduling consistency there are a limited amount of teams per league (2-4). Benches are capped at 10 skaters and 1 goalie per team to maximize ice time. All you do is show up to your games and everything is taken care of for you.
StinkySocks Hockey Open league players enjoy the best value and the most efficient workout in adult hockey. Benches in StinkySocks Hockey Open league games are kept to ten players to ensure you spend more time playing hockey than watching it from the bench. We offer at least 50% more time on the ice (compared with a leagues that put 15 players on the ice), while keeping our prices as low as possible.
There are NO annual membership fees to play with StinkySocks Hockey. Join us anytime; we are happy to have you!
- Officiated – Its not a game without a ref!
- More Ice Time – Never more than 10 skaters and 1 goalie per team to make sure that you’re getting the most ice time possible.
- Goalies Matter – We do everything in our power to make sure there’s two goalies for your game.
- Players who are here to play hockey – We call it our “No Jerks” policy – it’s our conduct policy and its enforcement ensures that you’re playing with and against players who, like you, want to get a fun and competetive game of hockey but understand that we all are getting up for work in the morning.
- The right level – All players at our specific levels must qualify for that level so that you’re on the ice with others who are in the general ability range.
- Predictable Scheduling – StinkySocks Hockey offers Open League games on the same night and location at similar times each week, with your full schedule provided at the start of your season. *some exceptions apply based on league
- Payment Plans – All StinkySocks Hockey leagues offer monthly payment plans to avoid a large upfront fee for an entire hockey season. Check the league listings for more info.
- Rolling Registration – You’re welcome to join anytime! If a league is already in season and there are full-time spots available, StinkySocks Hockey will prorate the fees based on the number of remaining games. See our current Open league listings for availability and register today to start playing the best hockey of your life!
- We’re here, at your service – StinkySocks Hockey puts your hockey experience first. We offer a level of customer service that you will not find in any other hockey league. Call 617-440-PUCK, web chat right here online, submit a form online, text us at 617-440-7825, visit us at our office in Boston – whatever your preferred way to reach out is, be assured of one thing… we’re here to help.
Full Time Player Benefits
You are enrolled as a Full Time Member for the duration of your Open League. That opens the door to valuable discounts, including discounts on No Commitment Hockey games and additional league registrations, equipment discounts, Boston Bruins tickets, no initiation fee to skate in an unlimited* amount of No Commitment Hockey games for one low monthly cost with our Unlimited Membership, and more. See Benefits →
Have you scrambled for players at the last minute, stressed about finding a goalie, worried about collecting payments from players or been burnt by the guy who promised to pay? With StinkySocks Hockey, all of this in your past. We don’t think you should have to do anything but get your team or group together and enjoy a great hockey experience. Learn more about being a captain or group leader →
Schedules and Standings
Registered players can view their Open league’s schedule and standings online. League schedules are typically posted in advance but players should check back weekly to ensure no changes have been made for the next scheduled game. Players who have registered for an upcoming league should expect to receive a league welcome email 24-48 hours before their first scheduled game containing a team assignment and other important information.